Friday 28 August 2009

Moorlands Farm Night Match 9/8/2009

15 pegs

After a nice result the previous day I decided to get on the moorlands match as I thought it might fish ok and I was in some form. After arriving at the fishery I noticed that it was on Meadow Lake which I hated but being a night match it should still fish. I drew 54 which I thought was a decent peg and was quite pleased with it. I elected to fish 4 metres out with pellet and down either edge. I set up just 3 top kits my first one for fishing 4 metres on the deck with pellet, it incorporated a MW pellet on 0.18 to an 0.16 hook length Silstar and a number 3 Tubertini 175. Down the edge I had 2 Ackoo margin floats set up on 0.20 and number 3 175’s all rigs were on double number 8 elastic.

At the all in I fed a full cup on pellet and corn in both edges and half a cup of pellet at 4 metres. I dropped in my pellet and had a roach after seconds. I swapped from feeding softened 4mm’s to feeding 6mm’s and after 20 minutes I had a bream about 4lb I then re-fed about 50 6mm pellets and then after 10 minutes of waiting I had a carp about 5lb in the net. Nothing was showing down the margins at all. And 2 hours in I only had 2 fish. Finally my float buried at 4m and a bream flew out the water and back in, as it went back in my number 4 just snapped in half. I managed to hold the bream on a tiny piece of carbon to keep my top kit. I was really annoyed now and just concentrated on my edge. I lashed in a load of corn and saw some swirls, I dropped in some double corn and hooked a fish in an instant about 12lb but that was it…Gutted. I packed up and went home! 89lb won from the middle of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment